Do you grow a mini-farm in your garden? Are you concerned about the roses that go pale and tomatoes that go missing out of nowhere? It means that you’ve got some serious rat problem. If you want to know how to keep rats off your garden, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some free tips we’re giving you to control rats from entering your garden:
1. Using traps will lead to instead death of rats. Cheese is widely used as a bait. Keep traps out of the reach of children as they may easily get hurt trying to play with it.
2. Positioning of traps play a major role. Rats are predominantly ground animals. Placing a trap on a tree will do you no good. Traps should be placed on the ground.
3. Keep your garden clean. Trim overgrown grass and weeds regularly. Do not litter in your own garden.
4. Get a cat! This is the best method, right? What else is the best way to get rid of rats?
5. Rats are attracted to chicken coops. So, if you have one, make sure it is well positioned out of the reach of rats.
6. Having birds visit your garden frequently will help control the rat population. But, you have to make sure that the birds do not mess with your garden. It’ll just be double the problem if this happens.
7. Rat poison is always an option, but again, this might end up in your poisoning your own plant.
Liked these tips? Stay connected for more. Drop your views in the box below!